- Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing*
- Promotes digestive health*
- Repels bugs naturally
Application: A T I S
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Minty, hot, herbaceous
Main Chemical Components: Menthol
Plant Part: Whole plant
With a distinct, energizing, and refreshing scent, Peppermint stimulates both the mind and the body while providing an uplifting energy throughout your day. Known for its cooling and tingly sensation, Peppermint is a favorite for relieving tension in the body. The high menthol content present in doTERRA’s Peppermint distinguishes it as being of the utmost quality, making it a reliable choice for your health and wellbeing.
The peppermint plant that doTERRA Peppermint is derived from was first identified by Carl Linneaus in 1753 as a hybrid of watermint and spearmint. It has since become one of the most versatile essential oils to date. Peppermint is commonly used in toothpaste and chewing gum because it contains properties that are known for freshening breath, supporting oral health, and supporting prime respiratory function. For a quick and easy way to add Peppermint to your oral hygiene routine, add a drop to a glass of water and use it as a refreshing mouth rinse.
doTERRA Peppermint essential oil is also wonderful for alleviating the occasional upset stomach, promoting healthy respiratory function, improving mental focus, boosting energy, relieving tension in the muscles, freshening bad breath, promoting clear breathing, soothing digestive issues, repelling insects, and more! Needless to say, this highly capable essential oil is a must-have for any home. When you have the power of Peppermint at your fingertips, you can forego the energy drinks and the vending machine and simply inhale the invigorating aroma of Peppermint to achieve a natural and lasting energy boost. The refreshing aroma is also known to keep you on track in the dietary department by curbing hunger cravings and helping you feel full faster.
Massage therapists everywhere use Peppermint for its natural ability to relax and soothe sore muscles in the body, but it's therapeutic benefits are not only accessible for massage therapists, but for everyone. If you are experiencing muscle discomfort, apply Peppermint diluted in doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil topically to the area for a cooling and tingling sensation that will leave your entire body feeling calm and relaxed. You can also find Peppermint in several of doTERRA’s oil blends and spa products, including the wildly popular Deep Blue Rub.
- Use a drop of doTERRA Peppermint oil with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Rub on the stomach or take internally for occasional digestive discomfort.
- Rather than grabbing an unhealthy snack midafternoon, re-energize by applying Peppermint to the palms of hands and deeply inhaling.
- Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
- Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost.
- Diffuse when feeling fatigued or low on energy.
- Place one drop in your mouth to help freshen breath.
- Helps reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.*
- Commonly found in oral health products.
- Blends well with Lavender for a soothing massage blend.
- Add to cold water compress or foot bath to cool off when overheated.
- Inhale for a non-stimulant, invigorating pick-me-up on long drives.
- Add to shampoo or conditioner for a stimulating hair massage.
- Spritz around windows and doors.
- Diffuse during study-time.
- Apply topically to relieve feelings of tension.