- Promotes feelings of clear airways and easy breathing
- Cleansing to the skin
- Promotes a positive mood and sense of focus
Application: Aromatic, Topical
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Clean, fresh, woody, airy
Main Chemical Components: B-pinene, a-pinene, 3-carvene, sabinene
Douglas Fir Essential Oil
Douglas Fir is a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree is frequently used in the Christmas tree industry and has a lemon scented note that’s sweet and refreshing. dōTERRA Douglas Fir essential oil is sustainably sourced from young trees in New Zealand, where it is a highly invasive species threatening the country’s ecosystem. By harvesting young Douglas Fir trees and using them for essential oil, dōTERRA is helping combat the environmental impact of the trees overtaking the land while providing a premium conifer essential oil. Douglas Fir has a unique chemical composition that’s particularly rich in beta-pinene, contributing to its ability to promote feelings of clear airways. Douglas Fir can also be used to purify the skin and promote a positive mood. Blending Douglas Fir with citrus oils will create an uplifting environment while freshening the air.
Home and Health Uses
- Combine Douglas Fir with Wild Orange, Lemon, or Bergamot in a diffuser to freshen the air, uplift mood, and promote a sense of focus
- Add 1 drop to facial cleanser, bar soap, or body wash for added cleansing benefits and an invigorating aroma
- Diffuse 2–3 drops Douglas Fir with 2–3 drops Eucalyptus, or rub into hands and inhale deeply to promote feelings of clear airways and easy breathing
- Combine with 1–2 drops of Wintergreen for a relaxing massage experience
Douglas fir promotes mental clarity and creativity, and elevates our moods. It naturally revitalizes the spirits and soothes the soul. When we use it, we experience a sense of general well-being.