- Promotes healthy-looking hair and scalp
- Promotes a restful night’s sleep
- Calming and soothing to the skin
Application: Aromatic, Topical, Internal
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Woody, herbal, coniferous
Main Chemical Components: Linalyl acetate
Plant Part: Flower
Buy this Oil
Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its ability to ease monthly menstrual cycles and help balance hormones. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was nicknamed “clear eyes” for its positive effects on the eyes, and it was frequently used for female discomfort, as a throat gargle, and for soothing minor skin irritations. Inhaling doTERRA Clary Sage essential oil can soothe nervous tension, lighten mood, and create a sense of euphoria.
Health and Home Uses
- During your menstrual cycle, rub three to five drops on the abdomen for a soothing massage.•
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with a carrier oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
Clary sage is a member of the mint family. It promotes clarity of mind and helps us to open our psyches to new ideas and perspectives. It supports creativity by increasing our ability to focus and visualize. It can also help us better develop our spiritual gifts. Physically, it interacts with the body’s hormonal system, and can, therefore, bring hormonal balance and stimulate interest in intimacy. Women entering menopause may find it useful to combine clary sage with geranium (topically) to support mood and hormonal balance.